Friday, September 19, 2008

Bienvenido a Madrid

After about 24 hours of traveling I made it to Madrid. I was able to find my roommates at the airport despite the fact we had never met before and none of us had phones. We jammed all of our bags into a taxi and headed for our new apartment and new life.

We live in the Salamanca barrio, which it seems is a pretty nice place. There are lots of cute boutiques and tapas bars and restaurants. We also live just a few blocks from Retiro Park and I brought my running shoes so maybe I'll put them to use. The "piso" or apartment is darling. VERY small but equally as charming. Everything is already furnished which takes out a lot of the work for us. As much as I hate unpacking, I'm excited to get settled.

I'm a little ashamed to say my first meal in Spain was Special K. We haven't pinned down a market in our area yet so I settled for what the corner store had to offer.

I don't really have plans for the next week (other than studying for the dreaded LSAT which I will be taking here in Madrid on October 4th) so I'm hoping to do a lot of exploring on foot. I miss you all! Pictures to come!

2 comments:

Remi Barron said...

Sounds like a great place to hang out for the winter. Have a great time out there. I know you'll make some good decisions:) Call if you need anything.

Love Dad

Blakely said...

Aud, it sounds like so much fun! I'm excited to hear all about it, love you!